Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 4: Paso Robles to Santa Maria, 97 miles

No pictures from me today. Reason 1, I left the memory card in my laptop, which went into the gear truck this morning. Reason 2, I took the day off due to illness and general exhaustion.

As it turns out, a saucer-sized open wound on the upper thigh is a really great entry point for a GI virus. The “G” part hit me early this morning (goodbye salmon dinner!) and the “I” part has been on-going but improving throughout the day (hello gallon of diluted Gatorade!).

The medical staff of ALC has been fantastic. Caring, supportive, understanding. This has been a terrific place to get injured and sick.



Here are two pictures from Jackie. Today went past the halfway mark. The traditional photo op is with bike raised overhead at a scenic viewpoint atop Highway 46. The sweeping view south to Morro Rock is majestic (and a good place to get engaged, in my experience). Jackie, as I mentioned previously, likes to celebrate her own way, so here’s the halfway celebration on a flat piece well after the nasty climb.


The route returned to Highway 1 this morning, and passed through the sprawling metropolis of Harmony.


Here's Jessica at the official halfway point. There were free brownies on offer, too.

3 comments:

  1. hang in there Randy, hope you're feeling better asap, we're both beaming positive stuff in your direction. love, tom and reet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy... wishing you well...
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy! So sorry you're sick!

    Jess -- LOVE the halfway photo!! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete